Senior Python Developer / Team Lead
About Fresh Relevance
We are a rapidly growing company, primarily based on the Southampton Science Park in Chilworth, Southampton. We build digital marketing technology for online retailers. We increase sales with personalized customer experiences and real-time marketing.
A highly experienced team of Marketing Technologists founded Fresh Relevance after working with many of the biggest e-commerce brands for over a decade. The goal was to create a scalable platform that empowers all marketers to run highly personalized, automated, real-time communications, like the mega brands but without huge budget.
We have an informal and flexible work environment and are very responsive to ideas from staff and interns alike. We have offices in Southampton, London and Boston and expect to continue rapid growth both in the UK and overseas.
We provide high-quality development hardware – we believe there is long term benefit to be found in providing the right tools to be able to carry out the job comfortably and efficiently.
We encourage contributions to / releasing open source code (where appropriate). We make use of a large amount of open-source software in our system, so we should return the favour where we can.
We encourage staff to learn about new systems and methods, and attend appropriate conferences and meetups.
We are looking for an experienced python developer to enhance our growing team. You will be working on our scalable processing platform and user-facing administration site.
Remote working is available but the successful candidate must be able to work periodically in the Southampton office to ensure team collaboration and communication.
Salary will be competitive according to experience.
- Strong experience with python
- Experience with Git and CI / CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Prior team / line management experience
- Experience with Node.JS
- Experience with Django
- Experience with MongoDB / Redis / ElasticSearch / Pulsar
- Experience creating SaaS products
- Knowledge of marketing technology and ecosystems
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Role and Responsibilities
- You will perform code reviews on relevant areas within the system
- You will assist in the design, prioritisation and execution of new functionality and fixes on our platform
- You will ensure that features are delivered in a timely fashion, meeting the requirements of our users.
- You will assist in selecting the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team.
- You will help ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- You will train and mentor new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- You will build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas
- You will maintain the momentum of the team by identifying and resolving any impediments to progress
- You will act as an example to the rest of the team - following best practices
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.