In today's crowded digital landscape, competition is fierce and keeping a new visitor's attention is becoming increasingly vital. So, how can you reduce bounce rate and friction in order to increase conversions? Here are five proven tactics.
- Product recommendations - Help each shopper conveniently discover products and content they might like with product recommendations, a tactic that is proven to increase sales by up to 24%.
- Dynamic banners - Transforming your web and email banners into a piece of dynamic content allows you to show each customer the image that's most likely to spark their interest, build their confidence and keep them on your site. This marketing tactic is proven to boost conversions by up to 7%.
- Social proof - Add your store rating and real-time reviews to your website and email marketing to build trust with new visitors and give them the confidence to keep browsing. Social proof tactics can increase sales by up to 13%.
- Countdown timers - Create urgency with countdown timers that highlight important cut off dates, such as end of promotions and next day delivery deadlines. This tactic has been shown to boost conversions by up to 40%.
- Triggered emails - Reach your customers at the moment they are most likely to convert with timely, relevant communications that are triggered by shoppers’ actions. These types of emails, such as cart abandonment emails, are proven to increase conversions by up to 43%.