Digital holidaymaker trend report - Luxury edition
Luxury travel is evolving. When it comes to booking a holiday, luxurious spas and Michelin starred food aren’t enough to win travellers’ loyalty.
So how can travel marketers make sure they understand the needs of high-income holidaymakers?
To get answers, we polled over 2000 consumers to understand:
- The research and booking channels they’re using
- Emerging technologies they’re interested in
- The potential of social commerce
- Biggest frustrations in the booking process
- Marketing tactics that will keep them coming back
Read this report to identify opportunities to engage with affluent vacationers, and push ahead of the competition as luxury travel spend increases.
See what's inside:
Luxury travel is evolving. Spoiled by endless choice, consumers have reached “peak stuff,” and increasingly value experiences over commodities. When it comes to booking a holiday, luxurious spas and Michelin starred food aren’t enough to win travellers’ loyalty.
Holidaymakers crave an Instagram-worthy experience that helps them meet their personal travel goals. Smartphones and social media play a vital role in how they seek holiday inspiration and document their adventures abroad.
To resonate with these consumers, travel marketers need to understand:
- How affluent travellers research and book their holidays – which channels are they using and which emerging technologies are they interested in?
- What are the biggest frustrations and obstacles they’re facing in the booking process?
- What marketing tactics will keep them coming back?
To get answers, we worked with Censuswide and polled more than 2000 UK consumers who booked a holiday in the last twelve months. We zoned in on holidaymakers with a household income over £75,000 to see how affluent consumers view the holiday booking process.
Keep on reading to identify opportunities to engage with high income travellers, and turn these browsers into bookers.