This is a monthly report by Fresh Relevance, to provide statistics on the effectiveness of real-time marketing. This report covers cart and browse recovery over January 2014. (Previous report for December 2013, next report for February 2014).
|Sample Size for Cart Recovery data||40 million page views (less for the browse data)||From a representative sample of Fresh Relevance clients worldwide, mainly in the USA and UK.|
|Proportion of Carts Abandoned||64.84% by number
72.47% by value
|Average Order Value of recovered purchase as opposed to regular purchases||34% Higher for a recovered purchase||Cart recovery emails.|
|Proportion of revenue from browse recovery||27.03%||Browse recovery revenue / cart+browse recovery revenue (for clients doing both)|
|Average return from a single cart recovery email||£16.97||Cart recovery emails.|
|Average return from a single browse recovery email||£3.35||Browse recovery emails (more of these are sent than cart recovery emails).|
|Sales uplift||10.35% (7.55% from cart recovery plus 2.80% if browse recovery is done too)||Extra sales attributed to Fresh Relevance, compared to normal sales.|
- Sales uplift from real-time email marketing is 10.35% this month (7.55% from cart recovery plus 2.80% if browse recovery is done too).
- I've included a chart of previous months, going back as far as we have reliable data.
- I've aligned the reports with calendar months (previously they were one week from the previous month plus about 3 weeks from the stated month).
- Browse Recovery figures are now very reliable, because a large proportion of our customers are using both browse and cart recovery.
- The usual warnings apply. There is a lot of variation in sales uplift across our clients - everyone is making money, but not equally so. And, as with all such data, there is room for error in these figures. The recorded results could be too high, because some customers were going to buy anyway even if we didn't send recovery emails, or too low because some were reminded by the emails but bought in a way that we couldn't measure. We do our best, but nothing is 100% accurate.
Copyright © Fresh Relevance. You are welcome to reuse this data on public Websites, provided it is attributed prominently with a link to this page as follows: Data from Fresh Relevance Ltd.
Want to find out more?