If you want stand-alone W3C DDL support for Magento, then install our W3C Digital Data Layer Connector for Magento 2 and Magento 1.
To add lots of extra functionality, such as live personalization and cart and browse recovery emails, install the Fresh Relevance Connector for Magento 2, or Magento 1. Read more Details. (The extra functionality requires a Fresh Relevance Subscription).
These support all Magento versions, including Magento Commerce (formerly Magento Enterprise Edition) and Magento Open Source (formerly Magento Community Edition).
What is the W3C Digital Data Layer?
The W3C Digital Data Layer is a standard way of exposing data on your eCommerce site. By exposing your data in a single format, you do not need to expose data to multiple providers (e.g. an analytics provider and a tag management provider) in different ways.
Following on from our successful Magento 1 W3C extension, we have released a version compatible with Magento 2. By exposing your data in a single format, you do not need to expose data to multiple providers (e.g. an analytics provider and a tag management provider) in different ways.
This extension exposes (among others) the following details in the data layer:
- Cart details (e.g. Cart Price, Delivery cost, Voucher discount etc.)
- Product details (e.g. Title, SKU, images and thumbnails, price details, category information)
- User details
- Page Type
Configurable options include:
- Which pages to expose the data layer on (or all pages)
- Expose stock level as a precise number, in stock / out of stock or not at all
- Expose user group data (so you can pass segmentation data to your vendors) if required
- Extended product attributes to expose