Personalized content and experiences convert, but it can take a lot of work to get it right. That’s why SmartBlocks have been a client favorite at Fresh Relevance. SmartBlocks are dynamic content chunks that can be personalized in real-time using your data and the marketing rules you set for each block.
In the ever-evolving landscape of digital interactions, providing tailored solutions to our clients has always been at the core of our mission. We understand that no two clients are alike, and their needs can vary significantly. One customization that we’ve recently introduced is the App Output functionality. It’s designed to offer even more flexibility for content delivery.
When clients make requests to our system for content, their preferences for the format in which they receive it can differ significantly. While some clients prefer to receive the HTML format and render it directly on their website, many modern apps do not use HTML.
To bridge this gap and cater to the diverse needs of our clients, we’ve developed the App Output functionality. This feature empowers our clients to define the precise format in which they want their content delivered and specify the information they require.
For instance, consider a scenario involving our Product Recommendation SmartBlock. Clients with apps often already have their product data stored within their system and have a clear vision of how they want to present it to their users. In such cases, clients only want specific details, such as Product IDs and essential product information. With this data, rendering content on the client’s website aligns perfectly with their app requirements.
Another use case for the App Output functionality lies in the slot tree output. When clients need to make real-time decisions about what content to display to their customers or what type of customer they’re dealing with, our platform offers a solution.
By guiding clients through the slot tree and providing a set value at the end, associated with the SmartBlock, we enable the app to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions based on the information provided.
Our new App Output feature lets you define data fields that can be sent via API with, or instead of, the SmartBlock HTML. App Output data can include:
- Hardcoded data fields (App Fields) — you can now associate a string with the outcome of a slot rule tree, such as if a person has recently purchased, you could add ‘purchased’ to a SmartBlock App Field.
- Product data (Product Field Mapping) — you can select the price of a product that is being recommended to the visitor and send it to the app via the API.
- Person or SmartBlock data (App Output Field Mapping) — for example, you can select the person’s name to use in the content and send it to the app via the API.
How to use the App Output feature in SmartBlocks
- Decide which content and format you’d like to output from the block.
- Open your SmartBlock and select the App Output tab.
- Create any app fields you’d like to make available and save.
- Select either App Output Field Mappings or Product Field Mappings (you may need to repeat if you need both).
- Setup your field mappings.
- Return to your SmartBlock and select your newly created mapping from the dropdown menu on the App Output tab.
Preview features to note
The HTML output of the SmartBlock will show in the preview by default. If you don’t want to see it, simply turn it off by clicking the “Enable HTML” button that is located at the bottom of the App Output tab.
Just as we did with the SmartBlock editor, we’ve added a helpful preview screen that allows you to see the code being passed over for each SmartBlock and the output of any App Fields or Mappings. Changes will update automatically.
If you’re already a client of ours and want to see these new features in action? Join our weekly live Fresh Focus training sessions.
If you’re not a customer yet and you’d like to learn more, book a demo to find out how Fresh Relevance can help you achieve your business goals.