Product recommendations are an essential way to connect shoppers with products that are most likely to resonate with them. With Fresh Relevance, there are plenty of tools to take your personalized product recommendations to the next level. In this blog post, we’re focusing on Best Tag Value – a tool that enables you to recommend products based on customer affinity. Keep reading to find out what Best Tag Value is and how it works, along with use cases to inspire you to up your product recommendation game.
What is Best Tag Value?
Best Tag Value is a tool to put the right product in front of the right person. Using the data that we collect in Fresh Relevance about a person’s behavior on your online channels, we can understand certain affinities, preferences and other key information about your customers, such as their favorite colors, what clothes size they are or what brands they like to buy. With this data, the Best Tag Value filter dynamically shows a person’s affinity to certain Tag Groups.
What are Tags?
Tags are how we categorize your products in Fresh Relevance. Using the data that our script captures from your website and any additional data you’d like to import, we assign tag values to a product, such as Brand, Range or Size. All of your products will be assigned Tags based on this data and are then ready to be used in the system to identify customer affinities and serve relevant and personalized content.
There are lots of exciting ways to tailor product recommendations based on a customer’s affinity and preferences with our Best Tag Value filter. Here are some specific use cases to inspire you:
- Personalize by category affinity, for example recommending menswear or womenswear depending on what the shopper has previously browsed.
- Personalize by brand loyalty by recommending products based on the brands a customer browses or purchases from the most.
- Personalize by color affinity by recommending items in the colors that a customer browses or purchases the most.
- Recommend products that best fit the customer’s size based on their purchasing behavior.
- Recommend blog posts and other content based on a customer’s interests and preferences.
- For travel brands, personalize by location affinity by displaying stays in a customer’s most frequently browsed location or personalize by preferred facilities, such as accommodation that includes a pool.
Example of product recommendations personalized by color affinity
Book a demo to learn more about optimizing your product recommendations with Fresh Relevance.