Segmentation is a key pillar of real-time personalization. Marketers can boost the efficiency of campaigns by targeting customers differently based on how they’ve interacted with products and content.
Fresh Relevance users get even more value out of marketing segments: Lists can automatically be synchronized between the personalization platform and major ESPs.
Our closer integration lets marketers do more with segments, and reduces the time and effort associated with manually handling data. Here’s a quick overview of the benefits:
- Easily enhance marketing emails with Fresh Relevance segments.
- Refine website targeting using segments from your ESP.
- Minimize delays by removing your IT team from the equation when exporting lists to your ESP.
- Reduce GDPR risks by avoiding manual data handling.
Keep reading for more details and how to get started with automatic syncing of segments.
Why are segments so important?
Fresh Relevance’s behavioral targeting features allow marketers to deliver relevant messages to customers based on their interests, customer lifecycle stage and place in the buying funnel.
With Segment Builder, you can create behavioral segments based on customers’ activity. For example, people who have browsed and/or purchased particular types of products in a given timeframe.
Once segments are set up, you can use them to deliver targeted content on your website, in bulk and triggered emails, and in social media advertising.
Imagine you have a particular product line that needs to be cleared. You could send a marketing email to shoppers who have recently browsed products in the same category.
You can also build segments of shoppers who’ve browsed products which have changed in particular ways. For example, to notify customers when a product they browsed recently has dropped in price.
When segments are used well, customers benefit from a more personal experience that predicts their needs. And marketers can channel resources into sending the most relevant communications.
So what does it do?
Automatically export segments
Once a segment is created in Fresh Relevance, the resulting list of contacts can now be automatically exported to a list in your Email Service Provider for use in targeted marketing emails. There’s no need to manually download the segment and feed it into your ESP.
These lists can be used to enhance marketing emails in a variety of ways, depending on your imagination. For example:
- Send updates and brand-specific newsletters to customers who recently browsed several products from a particular brand.
- Send a newsletter featuring the customer’s favorite style of clothing, or preferred vacation destination.
Automatic export of segments is currently enabled for dotdigital, Pure360, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cheetah Digital, Emarsys and Mailchimp, and will soon be rolled out to more providers.
Automatically import segments
You probably already have some predefined lists of customers within your ESP. Previously, you might only have used these to personalize marketing emails. Now, you can easily import these segments into Fresh Relevance to refine website personalization and triggered emails.
At regular intervals, we’ll retrieve the records from your ESP, and rebuild them in the platform. The segments can then be used to build marketing rules, both for content and trigger program selection. So you can:
- Show someone a particular piece of website content based on their membership of a segment.
- Enroll someone in a triggered email program based on their membership of a segment.
Automatic import of segments is currently enabled for dotdigital, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cheetah Digital and Mailchimp, and will soon be rolled out to more providers.
Streamline marketing processes
By deepening our integration with major ESPs, we’ve made it much simpler for users to leverage Fresh Relevance data in marketing emails, and to use ESP lists to enhance website personalization.
Since segments are automatically exported from the platform to the integrated ESP, there’s no need to download lists and feed them into your email system. That means less involvement from your IT team, and more control for marketers.
Automation doesn’t just make it easier to use segments. By removing the need to download customer data, we’ve significantly reduced the risk associated with handling Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Make the most of behavioral targeting features
If that seems like a lot to take in, here’s a recap to help you get the most out of behavioral targeting with the Fresh Relevance platform:
1. If you’re interested in automatic syncing of segments, get in touch with your Account Manager to find out whether your ESP is supported and how to get up and running.
2. Optimize triggered email campaigns by running different trigger programs for customers based on behavioral segments. For example, you might run a different campaign for carters of high value products versus carters of low value products.
3. Use Fresh Relevance segments to enhance your bulk email strategy, for example by delivering brand-specific newsletters based on customers’ preferences.
4. Get more value out of lists you already have in your ESP by using them to personalize website content.
5. Build segments of shoppers who recently browsed products which have dropped in price or come back in stock, so you can trigger an email to notify them.
For more ways to take advantage of Fresh Relevance’s behavioral targeting capabilities, download the ebook: